- FREE PRINTABLE! Download and print a one page, three meal worksheet you can use to write down food and carb count information for alternate caregivers, whether grandparents, babysitters, or school nurses.
Montgomery, Alabama & River Region
Camp Seale Harris began in 1949 and is administered by Southeastern Diabetes Education Services (SDES), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit. SDES educates, encourages, and empowers children with diabetes and their families to live well with diabetes! Living Well Programs include: Overnight Camps, Family Camps, Day Camps, and Camp Community Programs.
Online Support Groups
Lion’s Club International has adopted diabetes as a long term commitment. Contact your local Lions Club for information on support, diabetes awareness, education, prevention, detection, control, and research.
Diabetes Support Groups
Local: Michelle Carothers 334-293-8574 https://www.jackson.org/calendar/events/diabetes-support-group-4pm/
Greater Southeastern United States
- T1D Mod Squad runs several different online support groups. There is an open group, a parent group, adult group, and a nurses’ group.
- The Lilly Diabetes Solution Center is a dedicated helpline for people who need assistance paying for their insulin is open! Our staff of health care professionals are ready to help people access potential cost savings on Lilly insulin. Call 833-808-1234.
NovoNordisk Cornerstones 4 Care
Wearable Devices for T1D management
Books for Adults
- Sugar Surfing
- Think Like A Pancreas
- Dr. Bernstein’s Diabetes Solution
- Understanding Diabetes (Pink Panther series)
- Type 1 Diabetes for People Who Don’t Have It
Books for Kids
- Coco Disney series and other Disney books about kids with T1D
- Taking Diabetes to School
- MediKids Type 1 Diabetes: What’s Up With Ashligh
- Even Superheroes Get Diabetes
- The Great Katie Kate Discusses Diabetes
- Maddie’s Me Bag
Blogs & Websites
Carb counts for meds: http://walluval.tripod.com/lowcarb/meds.html